Instructors have the ability to copy an entire course's material from one course into an existing course. This is a great way to populate courses that you taught in a previous semester. New course shells are automatically created 40 days before the start of a semester.
log in to the url below with your VWU Network Account to view the video
Copying course information
- Log into Blackboard and go into the course you wish to copy from
- On the left side menu, click on "Package and Utilities" followed by "Course Copy" (see screenshot below)
- From the "Copy Course" screen, "Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course" should be selected.
- Select the "Destination Course ID" by clicking on the "Browse..." button and selecting the course you wish to copy to.
- Next, under "Select Course Materials", choose each course item you wish to copy, or click on the "Select All" button to choose everything. Note | this will copy course content, but does not copy users or grades.
- Leave the default settings for the "FILE ATTACHMENTS" section and the "ENROLLMENTS" section. (see screenshot below)
- Click on "Submit" at the bottom right to copy your course information
- Verify the content in your new course. You will receive an email from Blackboard once the copy process is complete and may need to refresh your browser to see the changes. Be sure to:
- Finally, make the course available to students when you are ready. If the course is not made available by the instructor on the first day of class, the course will automatically be made available.
-Change any due dates or availability date ranges en masse as needed using “Date Management.“
-Verify that your content, grade center columns and any discussion board forums appear as you would expect. Contact email@example.com with any issues.