Instructors have the ability to copy an entire course's material from one course into an existing course. This is a great way to populate courses that you taught in a previous semester.
log in to the url below with your VWU Network Account to view the video
To copy only one piece of content at a time, please see our page on
Copying course information
- Log into Blackboard and go into the course you wish to copy from
- On the left side menu, click on "Package and Utilities" followed by "Course Copy" (see screenshot below)
- From the "Copy Course" screen, "Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course" should be selected.
- Select the "Destination Course ID" by clicking on the "Browse..." button and selecting the course you wish to copy to
- Next, under "Select Course Materials", choose each course item you wish to copy, or click on the "Select All" button to choose everything. Note | this will copy course content, but does not copy users or grades.
- Leave the default settings for the "FILE ATTACHMENTS" section and the "ENROLLMENTS" section. (see screenshot below)
- Click on "Submit" at the bottom right to copy your course information
New courses are automatically created for you 40 days before the start of a semester. Students will not be able to see the course until an instructor has made a course active.