- Use VWU authentication if the form will only be accessed by the VWU community
- Redirecting Form URLS to VWU authentication
Use VWU authentication if the form will only be accessed by the VWU community
- When editing your Microsoft Form, click on the three dots “...” and select “Settings”
- Choose “Only people in my organization can respond” and choose “Record Name”
By using VWU authentication and choosing to record their name, the form will automatically capture their VWU email address and their name.
Pro Tip | If you leave “Record Name” unchecked, the form will still require VWU authentication (won’t be open to the world) but it will not record the person’s information filling it out.
Redirecting Form URLS to VWU authentication
- When you want to share a form URL with people, go in the “Share” menu, select “Shorten URL” and click “Copy”
- Once you have copied the link, paste it into a text editor and add the following to the end of the URL
- For example... https://forms.office.com/r/TsKDQAsmzU + ?domain_hint=vwu.edu and the finished URL will be https://forms.office.com/r/TsKDQAsmzU?domain_hint=vwu.edu
The original URL will work, but the user will first be taken to a microsoft.com screen where they would have to enter their VWU email address only to then be redirected to our VWU login page. By adding the extra URL snippet, the link bypasses the microsoft.com page