Microsoft OneDrive is a personal cloud storage repository. It is a component of Office 365, which is available to all VWU faculty, staff and students. Files created on or uploaded to OneDrive are accessible on any device, as Office 365 is accessible via web browser. Files can be easily shared via links following the instructions below:
Login to Office365
Use your VWU network credentials to login to Office 365.
Access Microsoft OneDrive
- Click the App Launcher
- Select OneDrive
- Existing folders and files will be displayed under “My Files.” Users have the option of creating new Word, Excel, PowerPoint files (and more) directly in OneDrive, or uploading files from their local device to the OneDrive.
Select sharing options
- To share a file in OneDrive, hover over the file and select the share icon. (Alternatively, open the file and click “Share”).
- Sharing settings will default to “People you specify can view,” which requires you enter each person individually in the “To:” field. This can be changed, as shown below:
- Anyone with the link - This link will work for anyone who has access to it, but it can be further limited with by setting an expiration date, a password, and/or blocking the file download.
- People in Virginia Wesleyan University with the link - link will require user to login with VWU credentials in order to access content.
- People with existing access - will only work for users who have permissions to the document or folder it is stored in already
Adjust settings as desired and click “Apply.”
- Decide whether to share the file by sending a link via automated email (”Send link”) OR by generating a link to copy/paste anywhere (”Copy Link”).