SPSS is available for installation on personal computers for academic purposes to members of the Virginia Wesleyan community. You must use your VWU email address in order to access and download the software.
License Key: Located on google drive when you download software (for Windows and OSX) that is only accessible using your VWU email address!
To download SPSS
- Log into your VWU email
- Download SPSS from the VWU Google Drive at: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1q9NtlAldvWqda1NPtRnPTbJlOcasVVmy
- Select the version of SPSS based upon your operating system. SPSS for Mac OSX or SPSS for Windows. This will download the software to your system
If you are trying to download SPSS and receive something similar to the following, this is an indication that you are signed in with a non VWU email account. Look at the bottom where it shows the email address you are using. If it is not your VWU account, log into your VWU account and try again.
- Mac OSX Install Instructions:
- Double-click on the downloaded .pkg file and follow instructions for installation
- Jump to #7 below to License SPSS once the installation is complete
- Windows SPSS Install Instructions:
Double-click on the file to extract and begin installation. Screens will be similar to the following:
- Installation Instructions:
- Click on "Next"
2. Click on "I accept the terms in the license agreement". Click "Next"
3. Accept default YES for Python. Click "Next"
4. Click on "I accept the terms in the license agreement". Click "Next"
5. Click "Next" for default Destination Folder.
6. Click "Install"
Be Patient, the installation takes about 5-10 minutes. You will see a “black” window pop up in the background with a lot of information scrolling. This is normal and does not require any action on your part.
7. Click "Finish". SPSS 27 should automatically open. Make sure "Start SPSS License Authorization Wizard now" is selected
8. If prompted to License SPSS, click on "License Product"
9. Click "Next"
10. Select "Authorized User License". Click "Next"
Registration code is on Google drive where you download software
11. Copy & Paste Code: Click "Next"
12. Click "Next"
13. Click "Finish"