The primary navigation for your course shell in Blackboard exists on the left side. Sometimes you may want to add a new "Content Area" to your course. For example, a "Readings" section.
Step by Step Instructions
- Login to Blackboard and navigate to your course
- Click on the "+" sign on the left side of the screen at the top of navigation area
- Click on "Content Area"
- Enter the desired "Name" of the Content Area (in my example it is "Readings")
- Check the box "Available to Users" if you want your students to see it right away
- Click "Submit"
- You now have a new link on your left menu where you can add content to your course