To copy a single test from one course to another instructors can use the export/import function as described in the steps below.
To copy ALL tests from one course to another, see instructions on Copying an older course into a newer course.
- First, note the course ID # of the course the test will be added to (for use in a future step).
- In the course the test already exists in, select Tests, Surveys, and Pools under Course Management > Course Tools. Then, choose Tests.
- Select the drop down next to the test. Choose Export to Content Collection (recommended). Alternatively, Export to Local Computer to save the file on your local device (do not unzip).
- After choosing Export to Content Collection, select Browse. You will land on the content page for the current course. Click the back arrow to view all of your courses.
- Select the course (designated by course ID) the test should be exported TO, by selecting the radio button. Then click Submit.
- Close the original course. Open the course the test needs to be added to and navigate to the Tests, Surveys, and Pools section. Select Tests, and then Import Test.
- On the Test Import page, select Browse Content Collection.
- You should see a file starting with “TestExportFile,” including the course ID and test name. Select the radio button and click Submit, then Submit again on the next screen.
- Once the import is complete, it will be available in the course’s existing test list. This list appears when you add a test in any content area. The test will also remain in the original course.