Why upload final grades via the ILP?
Taking advantage of the Blackboard Grade Center and ILP (Intelligent Learning Platform) integration tool for entry of final grades streamlines the grade submission process. Should the instructor choose, it also allows students to view their final grades in Blackboard before they're released by the Registrar's office in WebAdvisor.
Utilize WebAdvisor for C- reports or grading with rubric.
Steps to posting grades via the ILP
- Navigate to the Full Grade Center in your Blackboard course to finalize your grades (Course Management > Grade Center > Full Grade Center).
- Verify that the GREEN CHECK MARK is on the column intended for upload through the ILP as the final grade. This will likely be the Weighted Total or Total column. To change the default, select "Set as External Grade" on the column intended for upload.
- Next, on the Course Management menu on the left, select Course Tools, then ILP Integration.
- Select the Final Grades tab to verify and edit the final grade data for submission.
- Once satisfied with the grades as posted in the Final Grade column click Submit. Do NOT hit the submit button multiple times. When the grades have processed you will see a submission confirmation at the top of the screen. You can also see the submitted grades on WebAdvisor within 15 minutes.
Leave the final grade field BLANK for an INCOMPLETE (contact the Registrar directly to report the I grade - include student name and course information). Enter a date of last attendance for any F grades in MM/DD/YYYY format. VWU must report for Federal Financial Aid the last date of attendance for any student who receives an F.
If you have merged two course sections in Blackboard and receive error messages while using the ILP, please contact the IT Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org. The "child" course grades may require manual entry in Web Advisor.