Editing a single video in "Photos"
- Navigate to the folder with the video file and right-click on the name of the file. Click "Open with," and then "Photos.” Alternatively, open the file through the "Photos" application from "Windows" button/menu
- Click "Edit & Create" (near the top right of the window). From the dropdown, you have several editing options, including "Trim," "Add 3D effects,” and "Add animated text."
Combining and editing multiple videos into a single file
- Open the Photos app and select the “Video Editor.”
- Select “New video project” and then name the video project.
- Click “add” to upload individual video files from one of the following repositories:
- Uploaded video files will appear under the “Project library”. To combine, drag and drop them into the “Storyboard” in the order in which they should appear once combined.
Allows selection of videos files located elsewhere on the computer
Allows selection of video clips that the editing software already recognizes
Allows searching Bing for images to add to the presentation
- Edit individual video clips in the Storyboard as needed. The blue indicator bar under the preview of the video clip identifies which video is selected for editing.
- The video on the top right provides a preview of the combined clips.
Selecting “Add title card” will add a new clip to the front (far most left) of the Storyboard.
You can change the duration, text, and background of the title card with the options directly above the clips in the storyboard.
To edit the title card select the “Text” option. In this menu you will be able to change the text, style of text, and the location of the text on screen.
You can also change the background of the title card under the separate tab at the top of the menu.
I chose the poetry text theme and to have to text stay in the middle of the screen. I also left the duration of clip to 3 seconds
Selecting the “Trim” option will allow you to shorten the video clip from either side. Use the two sliders at the bottom of the screen to shorten the videos length from either side.
I used the trim tool to cut this 1min and 3sec video down to a 20sec clip
Selecting the Split option will allow you to split the original clip into 2 separate clips. Use the curser at the bottom of the screen to change where the clips separate into 2.
The split option was to cut this 20sec clip into two 10sec clips.
Selecting Text will provide a text box with duration, style, and layout options for text.
Simple text theme and left layout selected for “This is pt. 2” with a duration of 3 seconds.
Selecting Motion will bring up a list of option to change the focus of the video.
Pan right option used below. Focus of the clip slowly pans right from original position.
Selecting 3D effects provides a list of effects that can be added to the video.
Breaking news effect added to the top right of clip.
Selecting Filters will bring up a list of possible color filters to put over the video.
“Iceberg” filter shown below, which adds a cool blue over the entire video.
- Select “Finish Video” on top right once editing is completed to combine all clips into a single video file.