📶Network Monitoring Solution
In order to provide quality network and overall IT services to the VWU community and to determine where improvements are needed, a network monitoring solution is needed. PRTG is a monitoring solution which gives visibility into network and internet traffic, hardware device performance, as well as application performance throughout the enterprise. Supported Values - A Solid Foundation
- Objective 1: PRTG Customize report identifying Internet traffic utilization (May 2023)
- Objective 2: PRTG Customize dashboard reflecting Internet traffic utilization (May 2023)
💻Upgrade ILP 4.x to ILP 5.x
Ellucian has announced that all ILP 4.x services will end on 3/31/2023, and all schools must upgrade to ILP 5.x by that time. The migration to IPL 5.x will also require an implementation of the Ethos Data Integration platform. Supported Values - A Solid Foundation, Support Learning
- Objective 1: Implement and configure Ethos Data Integration for use with ILP 5.x (November 2022)
- Objective 2: Configure ILP 5.x and map Colleague fields to Blackboard (November 2022)
- Objective 3: Push 23/JT courses with ILP 4.x (November 2022) Note: Grade entry in Blackboard will be unavailable for 23/JT.
- Objective 4: Shut down ILP 4.x and push 23/SP courses with ILP 5.x (December 2022)
- Objective 5: Fully operational on ILP 5.x with grade entry in Blackboard for all 23/SP terms (May 2023)
📚 Prepare for Blackboard Ultra Course View Pilot
The upgrade from ILP 4.x to 5.x allows for a transition to the Blackboard Ultra Course View. Compared to Original Course View, Ultra provides a more modern, mobile-friendly interface for students and faculty alike. Supported Values - A Solid Foundation, Support Learning, Invest in our Future
- Objective 1: Update all third-party integrations from “Building Block” to LTI integrations (May 2023)
- Objective 2: Identify instructors for summer Ultra Course View pilot (April 2023)
CompTIA Certifications For Help Desk
Student workers are vital to the everyday success of the Helpdesk. These students are learning skills that will set them apart in the workforce. Along with the skills learned having them earn industry-recognized certifications will allow them to be more competitive in the job market.
- Objective 1: Gather study materials from global campus and create an IT account for the students to use.
- Objective 2: Arrange for the students to take the exam before the end of the Spring Semester