There are two primary ways of initiating a Google Meet session from your Google apps:
Schedule an event on your Google calendar
- Click anywhere on your Google calendar to create an event.
- Complete meeting details (name, date/time, invite guests, etc) and ensure you select "Add Google Meet Video conferencing."
- When it's time for the meeting participants can join by clicking the blue "Join with Google Meet button, copying/pasting the link, or dialing in by phone.
Start Meet session in real-time
- From your Google calendar, select "New Meeting" from the Meet menu.
- A pop-up window will open. Share the meeting link or send invitation to other participants before you join (or add participants once you're in the meeting).